What We Believe
We are a church that believes wholeheartedly in the Bible as
Godís Word and Jesus Christ as the only Saviour of the World.
We uphold the classic creeds of the Christian church:
the Apostleís Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Creed of Athanasius.
As Anglicans we are bound by the doctrinal standard of the 39 Articles.
For a great summary of the gospel Ė follow the Two Ways to Live presentation from Matthias Media.
Our vision is that under God, together at St Andys we long to:
Grow in Christ
Know more of Him and His Word
Show a transforming lifestyle in Christ likeness
Go out and share the message of salvation in Christ
Our Core Values
1. We believe that the ultimate purpose of each individual as well as the
church is to glorify of God.
2. We believe that people without Christ, throughout the world, matter to
God, and therefore, ought to matter to us and our church.
3. We believe that the Bible teaches the only way of salvation through
faith in Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is useful in
teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that
all Godís people may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
5. We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while
remaining Biblically correct and doctrinally pure.
6. We believe that every believer should seek after personal godliness
and holiness in every area of their lives.
7. We believe that all believers should be committed to the local church,
which will be seen as they steward their time, gifts and resources for
the benefit of the body.
8. We believe that spiritual growth happens best in community, in loving,
caring relationships of trust commitment and accountability.
9. We believe that excellence honours God and inspires people.